Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Dog Ate It

Okay -- so much for my theory about counter-resolutions.

Days went by. Shit happened. I moved. The dog ate it.

Something weird happened. Like, after a number of days went by, and I hadn't blogged, then I thought, "well, I "should" start blogging again on an "auspicious" day".

Maybe at exactly 30 days.

After February 2nd came and went, I thought, well -- maybe at 60 days. Then, well -- maybe at 90 days. Yes. I'll take that. It's been exactly 90 days since my last blog entry. A quarter of a year.

Wow.

How did THAT happen?

Like this. First, the turn of the year found me with so many concepts and thoughts and ponderings in my head that I had no idea how to begin to get them onto the blogosphere. I started several entries, but they kept taking twists and turns so complex that I didn't feel they were "complete" enough to post. So I didn't. (Tomorrow, if I'm too tired/busy/brain-dead to post, I think I'll post the incomplete scraps as a fragment journal).

Then, things heated up around the household in terms of processing, packing, moving, and all the changes that the move meant for the Kindle, the Society, my work, etc., etc., etc..

And then I was just plain embarrassed to begin again.

How would I let people know that I was back blogging? What would I say about why I hadn't?

I just didn't.

I didn't.

I did not blog for 90 days.

And I didn't really miss it.

Which seems weird to me. And I wondered if other people did miss it, because there's a blog that I follow that, if he doesn't post for a couple of days, I'm kind of miffed, kind of irritated, sometimes a little worried.

I hereby nullify my counter-resolutions.

Here is a condensation of the last 90 days:
  • I learned that I want to know much, much more about people that I choose to share a home with before I share a home with them, even if I really, really like them.
  • I moved to a home that I enjoy much, much more than the home I had a month ago.
  • I learned that, even though I have a lot of stuff now stored in the basement, that I seem to get along quite nicely with the following, and not much more -- a functional computer with internet connection, my files, a few clothes and books, my toothbrush, a towel, some talcum powder and a lot of hot water.
  • I watched all of the first season of "West Wing".
  • I went out to eat three times, and visited with many friends.
  • I re-learned that my cat is the penultimate flexible feline, moving to a new house and seeming to not really notice. ("Where there is radiant heater and a sheepskin, there is home" seems to be her mantra.)
  • I ended (Thank GOD!) my relationship with my previous landlords.
  • I experienced "motherly" concern for my Mother for a couple of days.
  • I wrote in my journal more -- maybe that's why I haven't been blogging.
  • I re-read the entire Colleen McCullough Rome series, with the exception of the first book, which I couldn't find (and blamed this on the packing frenzy), only to have the person who borrowed it 3 years ago show up on the doorstep of the new house with it the week after we moved in.
  • I watched a tail-less raccoon eat cat food in the yard.
  • I did the usual -- sessions, teachings, classes, etc..
  • I cleaned 1400 old emails out of my Outlook program.
  • I did other stuff, too.
Now, we're all caught up, right?

I'll be back here tomorrow, probably with one of those now-outdated fragments, or with some new and exciting concept of the day.

It's a start.

Think of this as a crumpled weekly spelling test with dog-york on it. At least it came back.

Much light,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home





Subscribe to my blog
by email or RSS
Visit my site for Instructions

Subscribe right now by visiting
Google Groups (Email Subscription)
OR add me to your RSS Feed.