Saturday, May 27, 2006

I'm Asking For It . . .

. . . . response, that is.

Last week, I got two comments on my blog -- this one, from anonymous-- and this one, from oddyseus.

It's been a week and three days since I posted an entry, (yes, I know -- I promised myself -- again -- that I would blog daily) and I've realized this --

I think that I am -- a june-bug -- a may-fly -- a gypsy moth (maybe I should have put those first two in month order -- mayfly and junebug -- but I'm not going to).

In short, I simply seem to fly directly into whatever bright light takes my notice.

Synchronistically, or perhaps, predictably, there is a common housefly on my computer screen at this moment.

Maybe I'm just a common housefly.

(I realize that some of you, deprived of a proper Bible Belt education, may not even know what a june-bug is -- think: big, brownish winged beetle known to batter itself against screen doors like a kamakazi pilot, making a great deal of buzzing and "thwap! thwap!" noises, usually in June -- hence the name, I suppose, although any sufficiently warm and humid summer month seemed to bring these beasts forth in my childhood, to hammer their existence out on the pitiful barriers of mesh that we erected to exclude them from the interior of our houses. The Junebug is just one of the many reasons that no right-thinking midwesterner would consider having a house without proper screen doors and windows.)

Ah! Lack-a may! Divergence upon divergence! -- Back to the point of this post:

Since last I posted, I must say, I've thought of many things --
of classes and curriculum, of cabbages and kings.

I've also thought of this blog.

I've thought of it.

I've approached it timidly a few times, even started a few posts -- but the light behind the screen-door just hasn't seemed enticing enough to attempt to sift myself through. So I didn't post.

When I got the two responses that I noted above, I did feel something -- a stirring -- a clarion call to my junebug nature -- a challenge to dash toward the light regardless of the consequences. Apparently, I need this incandescent stimulus.

So here's my request to you, my reader, whoever you may be:

Make a response -- a comment to this blog -- anonymously or otherwise -- you'll find the comment section at the end of each post (which means that those of you who receive this blog through the Google feed will need to go to http://carolcarruch.blogspot.com/ in order to post your comment).

I think that the hour has arrived to open a dialogue of some type -- I'm fatigued with throwing my words into the blogsphere, uncertain as to their effect, even if I know that some people read them.

Who knows -- you may be the conversationalist/correspondent that I've been seeking.

Here's a starting point for those of you who might feel faint of heart and not know what you want to comment about -- the following are titles of posts that I've started, but haven't actually posted yet -- leave a comment about which post you'd like to have me complete and post:
  • VST (Various and Sundry Tales) #2
  • Choose Any Viewpoint -- Now Just 99 cents!
  • Losing My Flair for the Dramatic
  • Bobo-ism
  • Too Much, Not Too Little
  • My Favorite Jokes Pt 1
  • Censioso Berretto
  • Why I Have Not Shaved My Head (Recently)
  • Work, Play, and Freedom
  • Getting Full
  • Plots
  • Over-the-Topness
For you truly intrepid souls -- please -- prod me with your comments, no matter how bold or brassy!

As I said, I'm asking you for it.

The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things . . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

two days and no comments. yet.
you posted this at 10:18, which is the address of the first house i remember, and so it seemed more than fitting (it was already fitting) that i respond to this one.

censioso berretto
and
getting full

these are the two on which i am choosing to prod you. prod prod!
especially getting full. this one makes my brain trudge off in a few directions and wonder if one of them is the direction you mean. i don't stay up late for much, but i stay up to read your blog.

which direction?????
tag, you're it!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why I Have Not Shaved My Head (Recently)

Oh, if only I had the nerve to shave the head. I know after a winter growth, as soon as the humid and hot weather arrives off it comes, ever so close to being shaved. It feels so good. I’ve been told many times the shape of my head is appealing. I might have to try the shave someday.

I too let my leg hair grow. But, I usually end up shaving in the summer. (haven’t yet though) Only because of the stares and the grossed out comments usually at the lake.(your hairy leg story and pic. cracked me up good) But I figured out why God gave us hair on the legs. Men and Women. You feel bugs crawling up your legs (ticks) in the summer and the most obvouse; it keeps you warmer in the winter. I wonder why I let peer pressure always win out over my comfort. I’m better than I used to be but still have a ways to go at working on not caring what others think about something so insignificant as MY HAIR.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plots for sure.

My big comment: to contradict everything and maybe say the obvious and shit talk-about-talking:::your writing has so much between the lines. I love reading about junebugs horseflies old roomates what-have-you...and hearing something else entirely.
Your blog is one of the first places I can consciously remember having this experience. It's a priceless gift, thank you very very much.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home





Subscribe to my blog
by email or RSS
Visit my site for Instructions

Subscribe right now by visiting
Google Groups (Email Subscription)
OR add me to your RSS Feed.